In the Republic of Crimea and in the Federal-status city of Sevastopol, the powers of the Radio Frequency Service are exercised by the Crimean Federal District Branch of the Radio Frequency Centre of the Central Federal District.
The Branch, in operation since April 2014, has a head office in Simferopol and radio monitoring units in Sevastopol, Dzhankoy, Yevpatoria, Kerch, Feodosiya and Yalta, whose functions are to monitor emissions from radio electronic equipment and civilian-purpose high frequency devices and the electromagnetic environment. The RFC of the Central Federal District also has a mobile control, radio monitoring and communication centre in the Crimea acting as a mobile situation centre of the Branch of the Republic of Crimea and the Federal-status city of Sevastopol.
Work is currently in progress to equip the Branch with modern monitoring and measurement systems, to upgrade fixed and mobile radio monitoring facilities, in order to maximize effective use of radio frequencies and radio electronic equipment in the territory of the Republic of Crimea and the Federal-status city of Sevastopol.
The functions and powers of the recently created Branch are to:
- monitor emissions from civilian radio electronic equipment (radio monitoring) in the territory of the Republic of Crimea and the Federal-status city of Sevastopol;
- form call signs for identifying radio electronic equipment;
- inform radio frequency spectrum users about suspensions of radio electronic equipment operations;
- measure electromagnetic fields to identify radio electronic equipment’s service areas;
- test radio electronic equipment for electromagnetic compatibility (field tests);
- participate in expert reviews of requested uses of radio electronic equipment, check it for electromagnetic compatibility with operating and/or planned radio electronic equipment and issue the findings;
- take actions to support payment of radio frequency spectrum use fees to the Federal budget and render other services to radio frequency spectrum users in the territory of the Republic of Crimea and the Federal-status city of Sevastopol.
For matters pertaining to appropriate use of radio frequencies or radio frequency channels, radio electronic equipment and/or civilian-purpose high frequency devices in the territory of the Republic of Crimean, please, contact the Central Federal District RFC Branch in the Republic of Crimea and the Federal-status city of Sevastopol at: 133-a Kievskaya str., Kievskiy District, Simferopol, the Republic of Crimea 295043, or at: 35 Batumskaya str., Sevastopol 299011.